The Responsive, Accomplished Legal Allies
You Want In Your Corner

  1. Home
  2.  • 
  3. OWI/DUI
  4.  • Driver’s License Revocation

Understand More About The Administrative Side Of OWI Offenses

One of the most immediate concerns that people have when facing operating while intoxicated or driving under the influence (OWI/DUI) charges in Iowa is: “Will I lose my license?” Driving privileges are extremely important to most Americans, as a large percentage of our work, family and personal life activities depend upon driving.

The loss of your driving privileges is an extremely serious consequence for OWI/DUI. If you are facing these charges, it is important to work with a criminal defense lawyer who has experience working with the Department of Transportation (DOT) to help clients retain their licenses.

Our lawyers can help you through every aspect of DUI/OWI charges, including the administrative process with the DOT, to help you retain your driving privileges.

You Have To File An Appeal Within 10 Days Or You Will Lose Your Iowa License

License revocation is the default after a DUI/OWI. After being charged with an OWI/DUI, you will automatically lose your license if you do not file an appeal within 10 days. If you are late on this filing, you will lose your license.

Although the criminal and administrative processes can seem confusing or intimidating, and the prospect of a revoked license might be frightening for you, the attorneys at Spellman Law, P.C., have experience helping clients through this process. Our team will help you file the appeal of your license revocation in a timely fashion and will represent you at the administrative license revocation hearings.

Schedule A Free Initial Consultation With An Experienced Attorney

One of the most important things you can do after being charged with OWI/DUI is to call an attorney. We offer free initial consultations to encourage people in this situation to call the firm and get their legal defense started before it is too late and they lose their driving privileges. Reach us 24/7.

Call our office in West Des Moines at 515-303-0885. We represent clients throughout central Iowa.